Andrew Alexander
South House
Classic American Short Stories into Comic Form
EQ

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Independent Component #2

Literal:
a.) I, Andrew Alexander, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
b.) In 30 hours of work, I did the rough penciling and inking of panel borders for 17 pages and the final pencils and inked the lettering for 7 of those. I also rough sketched, pencil and inked the final cover for the comic.

Interpretive:
My work on the comic represents 30+ hours of work. Most of the works tends to be shown in the final art but the a signafiant chunk is still done in the prep work. I had designed many covers for my comic and I had to pick one of them and started with the rough pencils and design the title logo. Since the comic is based on my old garage band, I wanted the settings to be places I used to see everyday, so many reference photographs were taken. Then for new concept and characters, design time and tryin different things with them was done. The final pencils are probably the most time consuming and take the most effort since it tends to involve a ton of erasering and editing and recompositing them. A spent some but not a lot of time inking some pages. (Most of the pictures I have shown you for creative expression. I have them if you would like them to be on a post.)

Applied:
I've almost completed this comic and in a few more weeks the art should be done and then I will more to self-publishing it. The work I did (and been doing) has brought me significantly closer to my end goal!

1 comment: